Dornan are currently recruiting for a BIM Co-Ordinator to work in the London Office.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Liaising and coordinating with Dornan Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors.
- Working as part of a team.
- Development of the consultants Design intent information into a fully coordinated, buildable model.
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with Dornan Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
- Comply with the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
- Comply with Dornan BIM and CAD Standards.
- Production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Provide input into weekly project reports including timesheets, percentages complete and narratives on work completed.
- The production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- The production of “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
- Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
- Level 7 degree in an Engineering discipline And/or Trade background. Electrician, Plumber, Fitter etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in BIM Coordinator Role, managing your own workload and tracking progress on projects.
- Autodesk AutoCAD - At least 2 years’ experience.
- Autodesk Revit - At least 5 years’ experience.
- Autodesk Navisworks - At least 5 years’ experience.
- Autodesk Fabrication MEP
- Solibri Model Checker
- Proven ability/experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler and Plant) for a large contractor.
- Proven ability/experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings.
- Proven ability/experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings.
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on 3 No. Projects in BIM valued at over £1m
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor