Dornan are recruiting for a BIM Lead to work in our Head Office in Little Island, Cork.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Chair Weekly Coordination Meetings and Breakout Workshops with Dornan Engineers, Design Teams and 3rd party contractors, compiling minutes and action items from this sessions and follow-up.
- Implement the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) standards, and specific plans for each project.
- Support the BIM Manager in the development of Dornan BIM Standards
- Manage Master Revit MEP Model.
- Manage the production of weekly Updates of the Navisworks Model and issue Clash Detection Reports.
- Manage the production of fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings (BWIC) and Services Drawings.
- Regularly track and report project progress to the UK BIM Manager.
- Manage the close of completed projects with “As Built” drawings and input to Operational & Maintenance File.
- Assist to ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget.
- Review business processes and promote evolution of better working practices
- Reviewing and advising on “Best Practice”, “New Trends” and innovation in BIM and informing and advising the business on IT standards and training improvements
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
- Ensure your project team is following Company policies and procedures.
- Complete a comprehensive induction with all new employees in your team.
- Familiar with the Company’s grievance and disciplinary procedures and lead on these procedures with your team when required in conjunction with HR
- Ensure all project teams have the required EHS training.
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by:
- Setting SMART objectives at the start of the year
- Monitoring progress against specific objectives/ KPIs throughout the year
- Discussing progress against these objectives at performance reviews acting as a mentor and advising on training development opportunities
- 3-5 years’ experience in Senior BIM Lead Role, managing workload and tracking progress on projects.
- Must have management experience managing a team of BIM Technicians and coordinators
- Must have experience working for an M&E Contractor
- You will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience with Autodesk AutoCAD
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience using Autodesk Navisworks
- Proven ability / experience of 3D coordination of M&E systems (pipework, ventilation, containment, lighting, sprinkler & Plant) for a large contractor
- Proven ability / experience of creating 2D construction issue drawings
- Proven ability / experience in reading Architectural and M&E drawings
- Proven ability / experience chairing coordination meetings
- Core construction discipline desirable (Architectural, Engineering or MEP)
- Experience of working on high value projects such as data centre, pharmaceutical, commercial, power and waste to energy
- Experience with Autodesk Fabrication MEP and Solibri Model Checker is beneficial but not essential