Dornan are currently recruiting for a BIM Technician to work in our Head Office in Little Island, Cork.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Reporting to the Group BIM Manager, you will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work with Lead Coordinator, liaising and coordinating with 3rd party contractors.
- Attend coordination meetings and breakout workshops
- Manage master MEP model
- Produce weekly updates of Navisworks model and issue clash detection reports
- Work with 3rd Party Contractors to resolve clashes
- Produce fully annotated and coordinated 2D Builderworks Drawings and Services Drawings
- Degree, Diploma or Trade Qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline
- 5-6 years’ experience in M&E services coordination in office and site-based roles
- Proficient in Revit MEP (or other Autodesk 3D modelling platforms) and Navisworks Manage
- Proficient in General Arrangement 2D development
- Proficient in executing clash detection exercises in 3D models
- Understanding of HVAC and/or Piping systems and /or Electrical containment routing
- Experience in leading and coordinating with 3rd party services contractors
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Enthusiastic, creative, and natural problem solver
- Requirement to occasionally support sites both in Ireland and UK
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor