Dornan are currently recruiting for a Building Services Engineer for their Dublin Office.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Lead Engineer and Project Manager, plan the development of the project, with the responsibility of operational engineering issues.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities
- Prepare reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take-off and tender schedules.
- Prepare technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through request for information (RFI) system
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production.
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Degree qualified in Building Services or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience
- MEP Experience would be an advantage
- Experience in Data Centre projects would be an advantage
- Experience in pre-construction would be an advantage
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor