Dornan are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join the commercial team in London
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement projects commercial and contractual strategy Develop, negotiate, and manage all commercial agreements/contracts to mitigate risk and optimise opportunities
- Utilise professional experience to verify, oversee, negotiate and/or approve commercial agreements with clients and third parties Lead the commercial teams and ensure the effective collation of data and information, provide analysis and reporting in a timely and periodic manner
- Review contract specifications, works with stakeholders (PM/PD) to identify risks or gaps in the Project Plan and support Project Managers in the development and implementation of Risk Management Plans Maintain good relations and facilitate exchange of information between company and client and internally to assure alignment of strategic objectives
- Ensure the CCS reporting is formulated accurately and submitted on time Manage the close of completed projects to the best commercial advantage of the company
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by setting objectives, monitoring performance, identifying formal training gaps and acting as a coach/mentor
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering or Construction Management
- 7-8 years Quantity Surveying experience in an MEIP (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Piping) environment
- Excellent understanding of Project Planning, Project Execution and HSE policies and procedures that apply to assignments.
- Sound Contractual awareness
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor