Dornan are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to work on site in London.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage and review the commercial performance of the projects from ‘cradle to grave’
- Commercial control of the business unit (or part) allocated to him
- Collation, review presentation and the management of subsequent actions arising from the monthly cost reviews
- Manage the commercial team to engender their continues improvement and technical development
- Identity and manage the business unit risk and regularly review project risks
- Ensure the CCS reporting is formulated accurately and submitted on time
- Ask the uncomfortable questions and tease out fact from fiction
- Manage the close of completed projects to the best commercial advantage of the company
- Regularly review business processes and promote evolution of better working practices
- To ensure all projects are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget
- Promote continuous improvement with the commercial discipline of the business
- Mentoring and providing career guidance to the commercial team in your allocated business area
- 3 years Data Centre Experience with an MEP contractor - UK Experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Commercial Manager role
- Legal knowledge and understanding of different types of contracts mainly JCT and NEC
- Knowledge of the teams strengths and weaknesses
- Provide contractual advice to the project and proposal teams
- Guide and advise the project and proposal teams in all commercial matters
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor