Dornan are currently recruiting for an Mechanical and Electrical Commissioning Lead based on our newly awarded Data Centre in Denmark.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Project Manager, the Commissioning Lead is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating all the commissioning activities at a job site including that of sub-contractors and direct labour.
- To establish commissioning procedures and methods ensuring that the systems are inspected, tested and commissioned in line with project specifications and relevant standards.
- Provide expertise regarding the overall project commissioning processes and deliver commissioned and operational M&E Systems to clients.
- Attending various meetings with clients, sub-contractors, project teams offering support and assistance on M&E System delivery.
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work set forth by Dornan.
- Coordinates with all other trades working on a job site to ensure smooth commissioning process.
- Identifying test equipment that may be required.
- Provide assistance with Commissioning and witnessing of all relevant discipline systems Manage ITCA activities with Project Engineers, and update the project ITCA tracker.
- Assist Project Engineers with compiling and populating Handover packs and other relevant QA/QC documents including inspections.
- Assist Project Engineers with compiling site investigation reports.
- Manage sub-contractor testing and commissioning, carry out witness testing with subcontractors and review documentation.
- Provide assistance in writing and reviewing Commissioning and Testing RAMS.
- Assist the project team in their production of 'as-built' documentation and the H&S File.
- Conducts quality control inspections on project sites during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages.
- Ensuring that contractor commissioning activities are properly coordinated.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction or Trade qualification.
- 5 years’ + experience in Commissioning.
- Solid communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Previous Data Centre Experience will be considered a plus.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.
These are great opportunities to travel and work on high profile exciting projects, where you will experience working in diverse teams in some of Europe’s most vibrant cities. Here at Dornan, we have a fantastic company culture and environment, that’s why we are an award-winning employer.
We provide accommodation, transport and rotation flights for overseas candidates, as well as a living allowance.