Dornan are currently recruiting for an Commissioning Manager to work on a large construction project in Ireland.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
Reporting to Operations Directors, the Commissioning Manager will be managing the overall M&E commissioning on multiple projects at one time.
The Senior Commissioning Manager will be required to manage and interface with multiple stakeholders, client, client representatives, commission management companies, principal contractors and specialist subcontractors.
Strong interface with project and regional planning managers to develop project schedules to high degree of accuracy.
Assisting and supporting close out of project with ability to lead key commissioning aspects such as:
o Pressure profiling;
o Cause and Effect testing;
o Environmental testing;
o Integrated system testing;
o Black Building testing;
o Water Quality management and
o Air and Water balancing.
Preconstruction activities and advise such as commissionability reviews and review of MMC to ensure compliance with standards and best practice.
Collating and updating commissioning reports from multiple projects.
Attendance at off site factory testing as well as advising junior commissioning managers and engineers on best practice.
Assistance with client aftercare during defects liability and soft landings periods.
Developing and checking of key commissioning documents such as C&E, IST, Black Building, Smoke Extract against relevant standards and the employers requirements.
Understanding of BMS controls commissioning and of other control packages such as SCADA.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Relevant Engineering qualification - Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng), or equivalent, trade qualification - preferred but not essential.
- 10+ years’ experience within construction with significant experience in M&E.
- Has a good understanding of commissioning codes and procedures.
- Experience of leading a team of multi-disciplinary personnel with ability to direct and motivate.
- Pro-actively always builds good relationships with clients and reviews service levels to meet client expectations.
- Commercial understanding.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor.
- This position can either be a flexible rotation to Ireland (to be discussed direct if short-listed) or full relocation is offered.
- Single sourced accommodation, own transport & bills paid!
- This position is open to International candidates looking to relocate to Ireland.
**This position is not open to Recruitment agencies.