Dornan are currently recruiting for a Telecoms ICT Construction Manager to work on site on a Data Centre project in the Netherlands.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Reporting to the Project Manager for the Telecoms Package on the project, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all the workings at a job site including that of subcontractors, apprentices, and labourers. You will be required to adjust work timelines to meet the construction schedule for the project and organize and coordinate all project materials and equipment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work.
- Assume leadership on site, manages all supervision and subcontractors within the work packages, ensuring efficient working and always taking responsibility for safety.
- Ensure that employees and subcontractors have the relevant training and expertise to carry out their work safely and professionally.
- Manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficient working.
- Ensure labour allocations are being completed accurately, progress measures are submitted accurately and on time.
- Liaise with commercial teams on application queries.
- Maintain discipline on site, report any incidents and act as appropriate.
- Maintain cost effectiveness with all hired plant and materials and reduce overall costs as far as possible.
- Ensure all plant onsite maintained and kept secure.
- Ensure all materials are checked before install and that they comply with the project specifications.
- Assist in ensuring systems and areas are handed over to the client on time and up to standard.
- Effective Co-ordination with the general contractor, 3rd party vendors and other subcontractors.
- Highlighting potential risks and constraints to the Project Manager
Qualifications and experience required:
- 3+ years’ experience in a construction manager role is essential.
- Electrical Trade Qualification is essential.
- SSSTS, IOSH, or MSIC would be desirable.
- Experience with electrical and telecoms packages would be desirable.
- Data Centre experience desirable.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor