Dornan are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Construction Manager to work on site on a Data Centre project in the Leinster Area.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall Safety, Quality and Delivery of the mechanical construction of the project, including managing subcontractors, daily permits, chairing whiteboard meetings, allocation of material and labour and measuring progress against the schedule daily.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work
- Support the Project Manager to manage and supervise site personnel
- Assume a leadership on site with regard to the work being carried out and by following & implementing the site safety plan & rules
- Ensure that employees have the relevant training and expertise to carry out their work safely and professionally
- Manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficient working
- Complete time sheets accurately & submit on time
- Liaise with payroll with payroll queries from site
- Maintain discipline on site, report any incidents and take action as appropriate
- Manage and train apprentices in accordance with relevant training
- Assist in ensuring systems are handed over to the client
- Ensure at all times that the work being carried out is efficient and in line with project scope
* Trade or Engineering Qualification in Mechanical Discipline
* 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
* Experience on Data Centre, Pharmaceutical or Industrial projects essential
* Experience with Fusion Welding and GF products would be an advantage
* Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
* Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
* Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
* Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
* Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor