Dornan are currently recruiting for a E&I Construction Manager to work on site on a pharmaceutical project in the Denmark.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will join an already established team on the construction phase of this landmark project.
As a key member of the team, the E&I Construction Manager will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
Overview of knowledge required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Construction Manager role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Knowledge of the team’s strengths and weaknesses
Roles and responsibilities:
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on site
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work
- Support the Project Manager to manage and supervise on site personnel
- Assume a leadership on site with regard to the work being carried out and by following & implementing the site safety plan & rules
- Ensure that employees have the relevant training and expertise to carry out their work safely and professionally
- Manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficient working
- Complete time sheets accurately & submit on time
- Liaise with payroll with payroll queries from site
- Maintain discipline on site, report any incidents and take action as appropriate
- Manage and train apprentices in accordance with relevant training
- Assist Construction Manager to plan labour & material resources
- Use the purchasing system to acquire materials as required in the most cost-effective manner
- Keep all plant maintained & kept secure. All hire plant must be off hired as soon as it is finished with
- Reduce costs as far as possible
- Check all materials before you install them to ensure they are fir for use & comply with the project specifications
- Assist in ensuring systems are handed over to the client
- Advise the project manager when you are doing work that is not part of our tender
- Advise the project manager when you are prevented by others from working efficiently
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
- E&I Trade Qualification or Degree
- Management qualification desirable
- 5 years experience in a construction management role on a Pharmaceutical project preferably.
- Experience working on projects of €100M in value
- Experience managing large teams
- Experience on industrial or pharmaceutical projects.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor