Dornan are currently recruiting for an E&I Construction Manager to work on a large pharmaceutical project in Denmark.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will join a well-established hard-working team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager to manage and supervise personnel on site.
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work.
- Assume a leadership on site with regard to the work being carried out and by following & implementing the site safety plan & rules.
- Ensure that employees have the relevant training and expertise to carry out their work safely and professionally.
- Manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficiency, plan labour and material resources ahead of time, and manage subcontractor labour hours.
- Management of subcontractor activities including tracking progress against schedule.
- Ensure regular communication with subcontractors ensuring performance issues are addressed and working relationships are maintained.
- Maintain performance management of supervision and other personnel under your remit, report any incidents and take action as appropriate.
- Ensuring materials are checked and match the project specification prior to installation on site.
- Implementation of the project quality plan, with all snag lists closed out in a timely fashion.
- Involvement in project hand over to client, support close out of project items in conjunction with the project manager.
- Ensuring works are completed as per project scope, with any additional works or changes requested are approved by the Project Manager
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Trade or Degree qualified in an electrical or electrical and instrumentation discipline.
- Proven track record in the electrical contracting space, with at least 5 years in a construction management position
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical construction projects
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to motivate your team, as well as management of subcontractors on site.
- Strong knowledge of the design and construction process
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor.