Dornan are currently recruiting for an EHS Lead to work on a Pharmaceutical Project in Dublin.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe, and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the key roles and responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing safety documents.
- Conduct regular formal site audits.
- Carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system.
- Communicate findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with Dornan policy.
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all employees or contractors.
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by Dornan employees.
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation.
- Advise/assist the Site/Project Management team in drafting and communicating method statements for high-risk activities.
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
- Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing.
- Serve as Dornan representative at site meetings when requested.
- Manage the Toolbox Schedule for the project including attendance records.
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site team.
- Advise site management on the first aid requirements for the project.
- Advise site management on the fire marshal requirements for the project.
- Give advice to site management on training requirements for each project.
- Ensure all training requirements have been met by sub-contractors on projects.
- Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project.
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required.
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety, and welfare management systems.
- Comply with reasonable requests from senior management.
- Provide monthly KPI statistics for your projects.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A relevant EHS qualification (NEBOSH or similar)
- At least 10 years + relevant experience with at least 3 + years as Senior role on a pharmaceutical project
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor