Dornan are currently recruiting for a Site Safety Lead to work on an established project in West Dublin.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will join a well-established hard-working team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system, communicate to site management in order to close out issues
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation
- Manage a large team of Dornan Safety Advisors / Officers on site
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by Dornan employees
- Serve as Dornan representative at site meetings and manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site managers team
- Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
- A relevant recognised EHS qualification
- At least 7 years’ experience in construction safety
- Ideally experience in GC or MEP projects
- Self motivated with the ability to drive safety initiatives across the site
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor