Dornan are currently recruiting for an EHS Manager to work in our London Office.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Regional Directors and the Group Safety Manager on the development, implementation and effectiveness of the Safety Management System and Policy.
Providing strategic support to the business by working in partnership with the respective Operations Directors to improve the overall safety culture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system
- Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and operations director and assist in the closure of issues in line with Dornan policy
- Assessing the EHS function to identify areas for improvement and develop new initiatives within Ireland whilst managing and maintaining current initiatives
- Investigating and analysing incidents and identifying root causes
- To pay a start-up visit to each new project, ensuring safety systems are established on site
- To provide training and information to the workforce using appropriate training aids and media, communicating, and promoting initiatives for accident prevention and greater EHS awareness
- Thorough knowledge of Irish Environmental Health & Safety Legislation
- Ability to manage, mentor and promote the professional development of a team of EHS professionals ranging from senior to junior level
- Ability to support the business by engaging with project and operations directors to improve the Environmental Health & Safety performance of the company
- A thorough understanding of ISO 45001 and 14001 is essential
- Collating, advising and supporting the pre-qualification and tendering processes
- Represent the company impeccably with clients, subcontractors and third parties
- Degree in Environmental Health or Occupational Safety and Health.
- National Compliance and Risk Qualifications (NCRQ) Level 6 Diploma in Applied
- International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety from NEBOSH
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor