Dornan are currently recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Manager onsite for our landmark hyperscale datacenter in London.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Project Manager, the Commissioning Lead is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating all the commissioning activities at a job site including that of sub-contractors and direct labour.
- To establish commissioning procedures and methods ensuring that the systems are inspected, tested and commissioned in line with project specifications and relevant standards.
- As a Commissioning member of the team, the Commissioning Lead will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
- Provide expertise regarding the overall project commissioning processes and deliver commissioned and operational M&E Systems to clients
- Attending various meetings with clients, sub-contractors, project teams offering support and assistance on M&E System’s delivery
- Leads by example - sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work set forth by Dornan Engineering Services Ltd
- Coordinates with all other trades working on a job site to ensure smooth commissioning process
- Identifying test equipment that may be required
- Provide assistance with Commissioning and witnessing of all relevant discipline systems Manage ITCA activities with Project Engineers, and update the project ITCA tracker
- Assist Project Engineers with compiling and populating Handover packs and other relevant QA/QC documents including inspections
- Assist Project Engineers with compiling site investigation reports
- Manage sub-contractor testing and commissioning, carry out witness testing with subcontractors and review documentation
- Provide assistance in writing and reviewing Commissioning and Testing RAMS.
- Assist the project team in their production of 'as-built' documentation and the H&S File
- Conducts quality control inspections on project sites during pre-commissioning and commissioning stages.
- Ensuring that contractor commissioning activities are properly co-ordinated.
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Analyses and quickly resolves any problems and may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate commissioning site reports.
- Communicating project progress to key stakeholders, such as the client, architects, engineers
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction or comparable experience required.
- 5 years’ + experience in Commissioning.
- Solid communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Previous Data Centre Experience will be considered a plus.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.