Dornan are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to work on exciting newly awarded Project in Oxford
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support the Engineering Manager on the project
- Prepare and submit Technical Submittals for approval.
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, specialist designers, manufacturers, etc. with respect to the specification, validation and value Engineering of products and equipment to be supplied to the project.
- Assist with Project Engineering and Design Development.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with clients other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Assist with Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc.
- Assist with services co-ordination exercises and solve co-ordination issues.
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, marketing and construction teams.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3- 5 years previous experience within a similar role is essential.
- Experience in Healthcare - labs and commercial experience would be an advantage
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Electrical Engineering Services.
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Experience of client, vendor and contractor interaction and management.
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.