Dornan are recruiting for Electrical Supervisors for a project based in Cork, this is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting high profile construction project.
This role is to oversee construction on the night shift, which runs from 6pm to 6am, starting Monday night and finishing Friday morning.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the supervisor will organise and coordinate all project materials and equipment.
Ensuring all work will be completed on budget, on time, and in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of various subcontractors, foreman and chargehands
- Establish and adjust work timelines to meet the construction schedule for the project
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on site and leading by example
- Organising workers, plant, machinery and materials
- Supervising construction activities
- Coordinates with all other crafts working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions
- Identifying materials and equipment that may be required
- Ensuring construction is carried out accurately, following plans and specifications
- Conducts quality control inspections on project sites
- Ensuring that contractor activities are properly co-ordinated
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards
- Analyses and quickly resolves any work problems and may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner
- Training employees and apprentices are provided with relevant work experience
- Maintaining detailed and accurate site reports
- Communicating project progress to key stakeholders, clients, architects and engineers
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Electrical qualification
- Safepass and Manual Handling desirable
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role
- Safety and quality focused
- Experience in managing large teams
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor