Dornan are currently recruiting for a European Regional EHS Manager to work across multiple projects in Mainland Europe.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assessing the EHS function to identify areas for improvement and develop new initiatives within Europe whilst managing and maintaining current initiatives
- To pay a start-up visit to each new project, ensuring safety systems are established on site
- To provide training and information to the workforce using appropriate training aids and media, communicating, and promoting initiatives for accident prevention and greater EHS awareness
- Ability to manage, mentor and promote the professional development of a team of EHS professionals ranging from senior to junior level
- Ability to support the business by engaging with project and operations directors to improve the Environmental Health & Safety performance of the company
- Collating, advising and supporting the pre-qualification and tendering processes
- Represent the company impeccably with clients, subcontractors and third parties
- Communicate findings of site safety audits, investigations and identifying root cause of same
- Recognised EHS Qualification
- At least 10 years’ experience in construction safety, ideally with M&E Construction
- Ability to manage large teams of EHS Professionals, working across multiple locations
- Thorough knowledge of Environmental Health & Safety Legislation
- A thorough understanding of ISO 45001 and 14001 is essential
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor