Dornan is recruiting for Graduate Instrumentation Engineer to be based on one of our projects in Germany.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor, working across varied industries such as Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Education and Power Generation.
Dornan have projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, and Switzerland.
The successful candidates will be enrolled in the Dornan Engineering Graduate Programme.
This programme is designed to expose graduates to all facets of the engineering role and develop a full appreciation for the construction project as a whole.
To apply, please email email@example.com
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist with the preparation of reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off is and out to tender schedules
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Prepare & keep up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seek to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Quality inspection and verification of the installation of field instruments, tubing, instrument bracketry glanding and wiring.
- Reviewing and commenting on P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams), loop diagrams, installation details, layout drawings, schematics generally and cable schedules
- Prepare P&ID walkdowns for the construction team
- Assist with QA/QC prior to client handover ensuring technical compliance and accurate handover information
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Produce look ahead programs to assist production.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities
- Maintain a register of contract variations.
- Prepare test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Assisting projects with financial control of contracts during construction stage.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with client’s other members of the design team and contractors on technical
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
- Engineering Degree or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor