Dornan is currently recruiting for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to work on various projects in our Sustainable Energy Division, this role will be based full time in our Dublin Office.
Our Sustainable Energy division have been designing and building innovative and sustainable energy systems for clients across the UK and Ireland for over 12 years.
You will join a hard-working, ambitious, innovative team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
- Feasibility, concept design and detailed design work across a range of scales and types of heat network projects, both in Ireland and the UK.
- Work alongside the project development team, conduct front-end engineering (FEED) studies to assist in securing new projects.
- Engagement with supply chain to identify, procure, optimise and deliver novel energy solutions.
- Development and management of engineering tools, databases etc for streamlined control and delivery of project pipeline.
- Site visits (from single day to several weeks, as needed) to UK and Ireland project sites to resolve issues during construction engineering, commissioning or operation phases.
- Provide general engineering support across a number of projects, working into the Lead Engineer for each.
- Review, analysis and reporting on project performance.
- Attendance at and recording of regular design meetings, client meetings, and supply chain meetings.
- Level 8 / Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach, with a willingness to take on novel challenges
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, in particular MS Excel and MS Word
- Some experience preferable in use of computer drawing software, e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Solidworks
- Desire to experience full project engineering lifecycle, from early concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation
- Willingness to engage and collaborate with a wide range of multi-disciplinary counterparties
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor.