Dornan is recruiting for Graduate Telecom Engineers to be based on our project in The Netherlands.
The successful candidates will be enrolled in the Dornan Engineering Graduate Programme.
This programme is designed to expose graduates to all facets of the engineering role, and develop a full appreciation for the construction project as a whole.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist with the preparation of reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off and out to tender schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Prepare & keep up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seek to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Prepare programs using MS project.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Produce look ahead programs to assist production.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities
- Maintain a register of contract variations.
- Prepare test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Assisting projects with financial control of contracts during construction stage.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
Behaviours and Attitudes Required:
- Ability to priorities workload
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
- Interest in Telecom, ICT & Electronic Security Systems
- Willing to apply skills to unfamiliar disciplines
- Dedication to achieving team goals
Overview of Knowledge Required:
- Detailed knowledge of the engineering role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor