Dornan is recruiting for Graduate Health and Safety Advisors to be based on projects in Denmark and the Nordics region.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The successful candidates will gain fantastic hands-on experience with a company widely recognised for their progressive safety culture.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Graduate EHS Advisor will be responsible for monitoring Dornan safety performance, and advise on compliance with our health, safety, and welfare policies. In addition to this, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the safety management system and to develop safety documents in conjunction with the site team.
The Graduate EHS Advisor will assist with audits and inspections, communicating the findings of these to site management, and assist in the closure of issues in line with Dornan policy. Ensuring compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety, and welfare management systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of Training Matrix
- Review and filing of Weekly subcontractor paperwork.
- Daily & weekly compliance checking
- Make sure operatives are signed onto daily briefs/correct rams, permit in place, lifting equipment paperwork in place.
- Regular site walks per day to check for compliance ie. platforms used correctly and tag in date, housekeeping all in order, PPE
- Report any issues to the Senior H&S Advisor and supervisors immediately.
- Assist in the issuing and auditing of permits
- Assist in the completion of the weekly EHS report
- Assist in incident/accident investigations reporting and filing
- Attending Safety Meeting with Senior H&S Advisor
- Comply with company policy on matters of confidentiality and disclosure of information
- Recognised safety qualification or NEBOSH Certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor