Dornan are currently recruiting for an Instrumentation Engineer/Technician to work on site on a Bio Pharma project in Denmark. This role would suit a foreman/chargehand with several years of on site supervision experience.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
You will become part of the Instrumentation Team on the project, providing weekly reports and updates to the Project Director and the Client. You will be responsible for technical compliance as well as ensuring complete and accurate handover information.
- Review and issue Technical Submittals in line with project specifications
- Inspection and verification of the installation of Field instruments, tubing, instrument bracketry glanding and wiring
- Calibration of field instruments.
- Setting up and running a site calibration workshop.
- Reviewing and commenting on P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams), loop diagrams, installation details, layout drawings, schematics generally and cable schedules.
- Review and issue RFI’s
- Prepare P&ID walkdowns for the construction team
- Assist with QA/QC prior to client handover.
- Identify, communicate and resolve technical queries with vendors, client and site team.
- Supply chain and vendor engagement
- Communicate technical issues as they arise with the project management team
- Monitor and review engineering progress
- Concise and accurate reports compiled regularly
- Degree or Trade Qualified in Instrumentation or E&I, with a strong instrumentation background
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working on pharma projects within the construction industry
- Competent in reviewing and commenting on P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams), loop diagrams, installation details, layout drawings, schematics generally and cable schedules.
- Familiarity with functionality and theory of test equipment.
- Familiarity with functionality and theory of process instrumentation as part of automation systems made up of RIO panels, Air Manifolds, Marshalling panels and interconnecting cable and tubing
- Awareness of and experience in using instrumentation tracking software/calibration programs.
- Familiarity with API guidelines and European pipe standards.
- Familiarity and experience of using field test equipment (for example HART protocol, Druck Pressure units, Loop Calibrators.
- Understanding of and experienced in working in close proximity to live plant.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Excel and Word, document control platforms also well versed in the use of DCS, PLC and SCADA HMI’s and systems such as AVEVA.
- Familiarity with ATEX
- Familiarity with ISA Standards and Procedures
- Familiarity with Navisworks 3D model
- Supervisory experience - must be capable of taking the lead role for the controls/instrumentation installation works.
- Site supervision experience of sub-contractors, cable installation, terminations, testing and handover is a must.
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor