Dornan are currently recruiting for Jr Electrical Engineer to work on site on project in the Denmark
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognized.
Jr Engineer roles and responsibilities are to deliver:
* To support the Project Manager. To be able to project manage and act as a client engineer for the connection of generators to the electricity system
* To plan the development of a new power station, together with responsibility of operational engineering issues
* To develop, and ultimately successfully negotiate the integration of power generation site and grid connection designs with network operators and primary generation plant manufacturers
* To be able to prepare detailed transmission and distribution plant specifications
* To review of major plant items (e.g. Gas Turbines, Boilers, Balance of Plant, etc.)
* To prepare of reports and front end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off’s and out to tender schedules
* To prepare of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
* Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
* Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
* Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
* Producing look ahead programs to assist production
* Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities
* Maintaining a register of contract variations
* Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
* Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
* Providing financial control of contracts during construction stage
* Liaising and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues
Jr Engineer will have the following qualifications:
* a degree in Electrical or mechanical Engineering
Jr Engineer will have the following experience:
* First class report writing, presentation and negotiation skills
* To be able to demonstrate excellent IT skills utilising the full range of Microsoft Office Packages.
* Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
* Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
* Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
* Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
* Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor