Dornan are currently recruiting for a Junior Planner to work on sites in London.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Planning Director and Project Manager, a planning member of the team is required to represent the company at Project Progress & Planning Meetings and Workshops.
In addition, the Junior Planner will implement Dornan’s standard Project Controls Procedures & Systems applicable to the project scope, and any client specified planning related deliverables. The Planning Director will provide functional support to the Junior Planner
Overview of Knowledge Required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Junior Planner role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Awareness of BIM & Engineering Process particularly at Pre-Construction Stage
- Awareness & understanding of QA handover Process and Commissioning (Cx) at project turnover stage
- Awareness of the team’s strengths and weaknesses
Roles and responsibilities:
- Project Planning using Primavera P6 or ASTA Powerproject
- Develop Pre-Construction, Construction and Commissioning Program’s as part of the Dornan project team.
- Development of the Project Controls Systems specific to the Project:
- Setup WBS
- Set up Progress Measurement System (PMS)
- Develop the Schedule, S-Curves and Manpower Histograms
- Cost Loading of Programs (as required)
- Baseline the Schedule
- Implementing the Project Controls system
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Degree or trade qualified in Instrumentation, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related discipline is desirable for this position
- 1-year relevant experience
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in- house Health & Wellbeing Advisor