Dornan are currently recruiting for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to work in our head office in London.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
- Reporting to the Senior QS and Project Manager, assisting to ensure all costs relating to project, are managed, from the initial calculations to the final figures and seeks to minimise the costs of the project(s) and enhance value for money.
- To assist in the preparation of up-to-date Costs / Estimates in the form of Reports / Bill of Quantities to the Client’s Professional Quantity Surveyor, issue monthly valuations, report all variations on a regular basis throughout the contract, and interface with the Client directly when and as required.
- Respect, adhere and enhance Dornan’ reputation for safety, excellence and moral integrity, remaining vigilant to identify risk areas and opportunities in accordance with Contract(s), Group Policies and Procedures, Regulatory Practices, Code of Conduct & Ethics and Legislation.
- As a Commercial member of the team, the QS will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
Overview of knowledge and essential work activities:
- Commercial / Contract / Measurement skills
- Cost Planning
- Deciding, with guidance
- Writing / Administrating
- Note/Record keeping
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in the validation of the tender following award of project with the Senior QS/QS.
- Assist in preparation of project CCS by analysing the tender and project requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of cash flow by analysing the timing of sales and costs.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports in accordance with Group standard procedures.
- Where applicable carry out site measures with the Construction or Planning Teams in accordance with contractual procedures.
- Ensure that you attend monthly subcontractor and commercial meetings.
- Draft pre- and post-contract correspondence in consultation with Project Manager/Director.
- Compile S/E Ratio reports in conjunction with the Construction or Planning Teams.
- Identify if material purchases are scope or a variation.
- Ensure that the set-up of site administration procedures is drafted by taking cognizance of client / Group requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of client invoicing by submission of invoices and tracking of.
- Prepare payment certificates to subcontractors and suppliers by reviewing submissions in terms of contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Deal with the client or PQS professionally to support progressing commercial/contract matters.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Minimum 2 years for MEP contractor., managing workload and tracking
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor