Dornan are currently recruiting for a Lead Telecoms ICT Engineer to work on site on a Data Centre project in the Netherlands.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Site based lead engineer role reporting to Project Manager
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team.
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Telecoms, ICT, Security Engineering and Design
- Detailed understanding of Design and specification of Telecoms, ICT, Security Solutions to current regulations and design standards
- Working directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions.
- Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables.
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, and sub-contracts
- Assist in the continual improvement of QA/QC Systems and execute project reviews.
- Provide technical support to the estimating and commercial teams.
- Manage end to end procurement during project lifecycle.
- Mentoring and coaching of subordinates.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related discipline
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- RCDD/CNIDP would be beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience in Data Centres or largescale construction projects is essential.
- Team Leadership experience would be highly beneficial
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor