Baddesley O&M, a subsidiary of Dornan Engineering, is recruiting a Maintenance Technician to join the team at the Baddesley EFW facility in the Warwickshire area.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for effective maintenance planning and execution to ensure a high level of plant availability, efficiency and performance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintenance of large steam Boiler Plant, Generation, Fuel Handling Conveyors, Flue Gas Treatment equipment and all other associated auxiliary systems.
- Carrying out Planned Preventative & Reactive Maintenance on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including but not limited to motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switch gear variable speed drives, instrumentation and conveyor systems.
- Planning PPM Schedules and reviewing plant defects when required.
- Be conversant with Computerised Maintenance management Systems (CMMS)
- Identification of essential maintenance spares and stock control of held spares.
- Planning and carrying out improvement projects
- Supervision of sub-contractors and close working with them particularly at times of scheduled maintenance and inspection activities
- Provide knowledge and leadership among the O&M assistants for maintenance related tasks.
- Diagnosing and repairing faults on an extensive range of Electrical/ Mechanical equipment
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis and play an active role in investigating recurring faults and engineering solutions.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks and duties as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship along with an HND/HNC level qualification in either a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline
- At least 2 years of experience working in the maintenance/engineering in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
- Multi skilled with elect/mechanical experience would be advantageous.
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered at PO/CPO level
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)