Dornan are currently recruiting for first year mechanical apprentice(s) (plumbing), to work on site in the Dublin area.**
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical. You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Mechanical Apprentice Roles and Responsibilities:
* The successful Apprentice(s) will gain extensive experience working closely with our highly experienced teams on site.
* The apprenticeship is governed by SOLAS and is standards based. The overall duration is 4 years provided all phases are successfully completed. It consists of 7 phases: 3 off-the-job and 4 on-the-job. Off the job training is classroom based and will be determined by SOLAS.
Mechanical Apprentice Requirements:
* Candidates should have a keen interest in a career working in an industrial contracting environment.
* Profile Candidates should have Leaving Certificate qualification with at least 5 passes in ordinary level subjects which must include Maths.
* Must submit to a colour vision test and all candidates are subject to an interview and two reference checks.
* Valid Safe Pass and valid Manual Handling cert is desirable.
* Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
* Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
* Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
* Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
* Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor
**Place of work – The employee’s normal place of work will be 10 Eastgate Avenue, Little Island, Co. Cork, this shall be your normal place of employment unless you are assigned temporarily to another project site. It is a condition of employment that you are available to travel to or work at any of the Company’s work locations, project sites or company offices in Ireland, UK or Europe.