Dornan are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Commercial Lead in Dublin.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
- Manage and review the commercial performance of the projects from ‘cradle to grave’
- Collation, review presentation and the management of subsequent actions arising from the monthly cost reviews
- Manage the commercial team to ensure the successful delivery of the project
- Identify and manage the business unit risk and regularly review project risks
- Ensure the CCS reporting is formulated accurately and submitted on time
- Ask the uncomfortable questions and tease out fact from fiction
- Manage the close of completed projects to the best commercial advantage of the company
- Managing the Client and other external relationships
- To work with the project manager and site team to maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion
- Involved in the development and managing of the project measure and reporting
- Regularly review business processes and promote evolution of better working practices
- To ensure the project is are driven to provide the best value solutions and delivered on time and within budget
- Promote continuous improvement with the commercial discipline of the business
- Mentoring and providing career guidance to the commercial team in your allocated business area
- Ensure your team is following Company policies and procedures.
- Complete a comprehensive induction with all new employees in your team.
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Quantity Surveying, ideally working with a subcontractor on M&E projects
- Knowledge and understanding of different types of contracts
- People management experience
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor