Dornan are currently recruiting for Mechanical Engineers to work on a commercial development in West London with full MEP scope
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Process internal procurement from equipment enquires though requisitioning and monitoring manufacture through to delivery to site whilst maintaining a comprehensive audit train
- Attend and record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored and maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements and all aspects relating to Health and Safety on site.
- Liaise with the design team and supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site and successful handover.
- Monitor and record progress on site against the construction programme.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety, Environment and quality procedures are followed and adequate records maintained.
- Develop the project specific qualify plan.
- Undertake regular meetings with the supply chain to maintain progress and to ensure resources are matched to the construction programme.
- To liaise with the project manager and prepare the project close out report.
- Review with the project manager the allocation of resources and to review progress.
- Review and ensure that the site-based personnel have the correct training and valid certificate for the project.
- Degree or trade qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- At least 3 years’ experience in an engineering role on construction projects such as commercial, pharmaceutical, healthcare or laboratory.
- Excellent preconstruction and design experience
- Confident in production of tech subs and liaising with designs team to gain approval
- Confident in review and drawings and 3-D model to achieve construction approval of drawings
- Confident dealing with subcontractors on site to achieve project goals
- Familiar with commissioning processes and Project completion targets
- Creating and managing works to go schedules to close packages
- Confident in procurement of materials
- Confident in creation of detailed equipment schedules for the Project
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor