Kantor Energy are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work on one a London based project
Kantor are a specialist engineering contractor, who have been designing and building innovative and sustainable energy systems for clients across the UK and Ireland for over 12 years. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dornan Group; a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
You will join a hard-working, ambitious, innovative team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognized.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Act as site engineer as part of the project delivery team, conducting site engineering work to assist the Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Reporting directly to Project Manager.
- Engagement with and management of supply chain and sub-contractors during construction and commissioning phases to ensure optimal product selection and delivery.
- Review, analysis and reporting on project performance.
- Attendance at and recording of regular project meetings, client meetings, and supply chain meetings.
- Support with feasibility, concept design, detailed design and project delivery work across a range of scales and types of heat network projects, both in Ireland and the UK.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical or control systems engineering
- Min 3 years’ experience in a project engineering role, preferably within the energy sector
- Strong practical aptitude with desire to be directly involved in site activities and problem solving.
- Good understanding of heat network systems, and in particular LTHW systems and heat pumps.
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach, with a willingness to take on novel challenges
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, in particular MS Excel and MS Word
- Desire to experience full project engineering lifecycle, from early concept design through to construction, commissioning and operation
- Willingness to engage and collaborate with a wide range of multi-disciplinary counterparties
- Kantor’s mission is to deliver novel and innovative solutions within the distributed energy sector, with a focus on sustainable and low-carbon projects. You will be contributing to this important enterprise, at a time of high projected growth throughout the energy sector.
- Kantor is a small and tight-knit team. We pride ourselves on fostering a family feel and a down to earth team. You will thus be working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with direct exposure to senior management and decision makers.
- As part of a small team, you will take on responsibility and have an opportunity to deliver real value from the outset.
- As part of the wider Dornan Group, Kantor also benefits from the advantages of a large, well-established organisation:
- Kantor/Dornan offers ongoing educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Kantor/Dornan promotes collaboration through various team building, social and charity events.
- Kantor/Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor