Dornan are currently recruiting for an Mechanical Engineer to work on our datacentre in County Dublin.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities.
- Prepare reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take-off and tender schedules.
- Prepare technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries.
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through request for information (RFI) system.
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production.
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information.
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager.
- Degree or Trade qualified in a Mechanical or Building Services Discipline.
- Professional registration a bonus but not essential.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably on mechanical projects.
- Previous Data Centre experience required but not essential.
- Experience with 3D Modelling software and document management platforms.
- Experience in a full life cycle project environment (Pre-Construction to handover).
- Awareness of Health & Safety in a Construction environment.
- Knowledge of Building Services Installation and knowledge of Engineering standards (CIBSE, BSRIA, ASHRAE etc).
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team.
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within.
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD.
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events.
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor.