Dornan are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work on site on a new Pharmaceutical Project in Switzerland.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will plan the development of the project, with the responsibility of operational engineering issues. The Mechanical Engineer will also liaise and co-ordinating with clients, other members of the design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues. They will also support the Quality Team with System walk-downs, red-lining drawings etc.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and coordination of mechanical building services
- Management of the Design Process from Concept through to Construction stage
- Preparation of reports and front-end studies
- Detail Design of Mechanical Building Services
- Coordination of Mechanical Services with other trades
- Execution of Design Reviews
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for production activities
- Prepare reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take offs and tender schedules.
- Prepare technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through request for information (RFI) system
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services
- Trade qualifications are beneficial but not essential
- 3-5 years relevant project experience
- Pharmaceutical or similar highly regulated industry experience will be an advantage
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing Advisor