Dornan is recruiting for Mechanical Engineer to be based in our prefabrication facility in Coventry.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor, working across varied industries such as Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Education and Power Generation.
Dornan have projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, and Switzerland.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To assist with the preparation of reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off’s and out to tender schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Seek to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Prepare project programme, monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports.
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments (with construction team) for construction activities.
- Prepare test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information.
- Assisting in documenting QA paperwork, reviewing drawings for buildability purposes, procurement of materials, reading specifications and technical submittals to ensure materials received are up to standard.
- Performing quality control checks of manufactured products for defects or other problems and documenting said checks
- Mechanical or Building Services Engineering Degree
- Knowledge of Mechanical Building Services, HVAC, and piping would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Process driven with keen attention to detail
- Team player with the ability to adapt and assist on other teams where needed
- Adaptable, dependable and must be able to work using their own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Excel
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor