Dornan is recruiting for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to be based in our Engineering Offices.
Reporting to the Group Engineering Director, the successful candidate will provide key technical design input for HVAC, plant and clean utilities systems, ensuring designing for fabrication and installation, through to successful commissioning.
The Engineering manager will interface with the client’s representatives and the supply chain on site. They would also work effectively with the project manager and project teams to review and support the project from inception to handover whilst ensuring that the Dornan vision, mission and values are fulfilled.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparing / Checking / Peer Reviewing of HVAC, Plant and Clean Utility designs.
- Providing oversight of design across multiple projects including checking and carrying out peer reviews.
- Reviewing designs for their commissionability.
- Ensuring that the technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Procurement from equipment enquires though requisitioning and monitoring manufacture through to delivery to site whilst maintaining a comprehensive audit train
- Prepare design risk assessments and provide support to developing method statements and all aspects relating to Health and Safety on site.
- Liaise with the design and construction teams and supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site and successful handover.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety, Environment and quality procedures are followed and adequate records maintained.
- To liaise with the project manager and prepare the project close out report.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent essential
Experience and Skills Required:
Minimum 10 years of design and construction experience essential
Experience working in prefabrication, modularisation, or commissioning services preferred
Understanding of mechanical calculations.
3D literate using the latest software platforms
Ability to troubleshoot problems in the field
Knowledgeable on Health, Safety and Environmental systems
Interest in furthering your expertise
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Travel to site will be required