Dornan are currently recruiting for a Mechanical QAQC Systems Coordinator to work in our Head Office in Little Island.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Group Quality Director and will be responsible for Mechanical Quality Management System compliance across all Dornan Group projects.
The role is based our head office in Cork, but will involve regular travel to project, fabrication and vendor locations in Ireland, UK and Europe.
Roles and responsibilities
- The Quality Coordinator understands the process approach to project delivery and the interaction of people, practices, and deliverables
- Support Business Development and project tendering activities through the provision of Quality documentation and information.
- Support Project Kick Off activities including scope and specification reviews, development of Quality Plans and ITP’s and other activities as required.
- Provide onsite Quality support for projects as required during set up and as required by project demands.
- Schedule and complete audits and reviews of projects, sub-contractors and vendors as required by the audit plan. Generate audit reports and expedite issue close out with auditees as required.
- Provision of day-to-day Quality support and guidance to our project teams.
- Development and delivery of Quality training materials to project teams through presentations, toolbox talks, Quality Circles etc.
- Perform and assist with failure investigations and root cause analysis as required.
- Maintain a good understanding of code and regulation requirements across the locations in which Dornan execute projects.
- Monitor and report on project Key Performance indicators as they relate to Quality practice
- Work closely with the team to ensure the successful completion of projects on a system-by-system basis
- Assist in development and maintenance of company procedures, processes, and templates.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and programs developed by the company.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Quality Management System implementation in the fabrication or construction sector
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001:2015 implementation and auditing.
- Understanding of typical construction work processes and methods including common enterprise software applications for Quality.
- Previous construction project execution experience in QAQC, Inspection or Testing would be desirable.
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Construction Health, Safety and Environmental approach
* Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
* Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
* Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
* Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
* Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor