Dornan are currently recruiting for Operations Maintenance Assistant to work on site on a Waste to Energy project in Warwickshire.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
You will join a hard working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The day to day running of the weighbridge
- Ensuring weights of HGV vehicles are accurately weighed with completed documentation
- Operating mobile plant, which may include telehandlers, wheeled loading shovel & MEWPs
- Management and removal of the IBA (Incinerated Bottom Ash) into the appropriate vehicles
- Vehicle marshalling / controlling the tipping hall operations
- Maintaining clean working conditions in the fuel reception area, tipping hall and delivery routes and general external areas of the plant
- Carrying out delivery inspections on the RDF and reporting non-conforming waste.
- Assist the Environmental Engineer with preparing residue and fuel samples ready for dispatch to the laboratory
- Carry out on site fuel testing on site to ensure fuel meets sizing and moisture requirements in line fuel the fuel supply agreement
- Assist the maintenance team under the direction of the Maintenance Manager/Shift Team Leaders with daily planned maintenance tasks
- Assist with the routine operational tasks around the plant as directed by the Plant management and operations team leads
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures at all time
- Promoting an excellent safety culture on site
- GCSE Mathematics and English, minimum grade C
- Experience driving mobile plant desirable, training can be provided
- Experience in a similar industry would be beneficial
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor