Dornan are currently recruiting for Operations Maintenance Assistant to work on site on a Waste to Energy project in the Baddesley, Atherstone.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
The successful candidate will join an already established Construction team on the District Energy centers and systems, including heating, cooling and power systems.
This is an O&M projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The day to day running of the weighbridge.
- Ensuring weights of HGV vehicles are accurately weighed with completed documentation.
- Operating mobile plant, which may include telehandlers, wheeled loading shovel & MEWPs
- Management and removal of the IBA (Incinerated Bottom Ash) into the appropriate vehicles
- Vehicle marshalling / controlling the tipping hall operations.
- Maintaining clean working conditions in the fuel reception area, tipping hall and delivery routes and general external areas of the plant
- Carrying out delivery inspections on the RDF and reporting non-conforming waste.
- Assist the Environmental Engineer with preparing residue and fuel samples ready for dispatch to the laboratory.
- Carry out on site fuel testing on site to ensure fuel meets sizing and moisture requirements in line fuel the fuel supply agreement.
- Assist the maintenance team under the direction of the Maintenance Manager/Shift Team Leaders with daily planned maintenance tasks.
- Assist with the routine operational tasks around the plant as directed by the Plant management and operations team leads.
- always Adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Promoting an excellent safety culture on site
Behaviors & Attitudes Required:
- Ability to priorities workload
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses and committed to ongoing development.
- Acceptance of responsibility and accountability
Overview of knowledge required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Operations Maintenance Assistant role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Knowledge of the teams strengths and weaknesses