Dornan are currently recruiting for a Package manager to work with the Project management team on a large project in Ireland.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognized.
Package Manager – For managing fire alarm/fire suppression vendors knowledge of installation and commissioning of fire alarm , fire suppression tagging and handover process.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare of reports and front-end studies including capital cost estimates, project schedules, material take off’s and out to tender schedules.
- Prepare of technical and contract documentation for issue and analysing returned tenders.
- Keeping up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries
- Seeking to clarify queries with the Design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Monitor progress against the program and issue progress reports
- Producing look ahead programs to assist production
- Preparing method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Carrying out Quality Control through inspections and snagging
- Carrying out document control, recording & transmitting information
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, design team and contractors on technical and commercial issues.
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on site and leading by example
- Supervising construction activities, organizing workers plant, machinery and materials
- Coordinates with other crafts working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions along with Identifying materials and equipment that may be required
- Ensuring construction is carried out accurately, following plans and specifications
- Conducts quality control inspections on and off project sites
- Ensuring that contractor activities are properly coordinated
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards
- Analyses and quickly resolves any work problems and may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner
- Ensuring handover documentation is presented in a specific format and timelines
- Maintaining detailed and accurate site reports
- Communicating project progress to key stakeholders, such as the client, architects, engineers
- All other reasonable tasks assigned to you from time to time from your manager
- 7 plus years experience in a supervisory role or engineering.
- Ability to manage subcontractors
- Technical Understanding of Electrical systems
- Proactive people management
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor
This role is open to International candidate with full relocation offered.
or a flexible rotation to be discussed at interview stage dependent on your current location.