Dornan is recruiting for Student Health and Safety Advisors to be based on projects in Ireland, the UK and Mainland Europe.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor, working across varied industries such as Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Education and Power Generation.
Dornan have projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, and Switzerland.
The successful candidates will work with our fantastic safety teams on project sites and get exposure to all aspects of what we do.
Role and Responsibilities:
Maintenance of Training Matrix
Review and filing of Weekly subcontractor paperwork.
Daily & weekly compliance checking
Make sure operatives are signed onto daily briefs/correct rams, permit in place, lifting equipment paperwork in place.
Regular site walks per day to check for compliance ie. platforms used correctly and tag in date, housekeeping all in order, PPE
Report any issues to the Senior H&S Advisor and supervisors immediately.
Assist in the issuing and auditing of permits
Assist in the completion of the weekly EHS report
Assist in incident/accident investigations reporting and filing
Attending Safety Meeting with Senior H&S Advisor
- Comply with company policy on matters of confidentiality and disclosure of information
- Studying towards a formal Safety Degree or Diploma
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor