Dornan is recruiting for Student Quantity Surveyors to be based on projects in Ireland, the UK and Mainland Europe.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor, working across varied industries such as Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Education and Power Generation.
Dornan have projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany, and Switzerland.
The successful candidates will work with our engineering teams on project sites and get exposure to all aspects of what we do.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Pre-contract cost control and documentation
- Producing fully priced and detailed bills of quantities, labour hours and materials for the complete project life-cycle
- Preparing costs for variations
- Producing progress and cost reports when requested
- Reporting to senior management on progression of projects
- Involvement in cost plans, tracking labour costs and efficiency throughout projects
- Dealing with clients, contractors etc in a professional manner
- Studying towards Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or related discipline
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor