Dornan is recruiting for Graduate Planners to be based on various projects in our Irish, UK and European locations.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The successful candidates will be enrolled in the Dornan Planning Graduate Programme, this programme is designed to expose graduates to all facets of the role and develop a full appreciation for the construction project as a whole.
If you are successful, the role would start in Summer 2022.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Development of the Project Controls Systems specific to the Project including:
- Setting up WBS
- Set up Progress Measurement System (PMS)
- Develop the Schedule, S-Curves and Manpower Histograms
- Cost Loading of Programs (as required)
- Baseline the Schedule
- Implementing the Project Controls systems
- Progress Measuring of all works, Direct & Sub-Contract, using the Dornan bespoke PMS
- Monitoring of labour hours & Analysis of labour efficiencies
- Updating project schedule in Primavera/ASTA
- Systems Turnover Tracking
- Monitor delays & client Notifications as required
- Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Primavera/Asta would be an advantage
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor