Dornan are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work on site on our newly awarded data centre in Denmark.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives with the Director of the project.
- Manage your site team.
- Effective day to day running of site activities.
- Delivery of the project within the given constraints of time and cost.
- Monthly team meetings to discuss project progress against milestones.
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries, engineering, quality and safety.
- Ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Audits to be carried out by the Engineering Manager in accordance with the design plan.
- Attend meetings with client.
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors covering health, safety and training.
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S & Lead Engineers.
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control.
- Submit monthly internal reports to Operations Director.
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical aspects within construction industry standards and local authorities requirements if applicable.
- Manage labour and subcontractors ensuring compliance for installation.
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs.
- Relations with the client and stakeholders to be maintained and managed.
- To apply the clients methodology effectively and enforce project standards.
- Audit and prepare on-site quality plans, monitor & maintain site EHS requirements.
- Establish an effective material stock control and storage system.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Trade or Degree qualified in an electrical or electrical and instrumentation discipline.
- Proven track record in the electrical contracting space, with at least 5 – 7 years in a Project Management position.
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical construction projects.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to motivate your team, as well as management of subcontractors on site.
- Strong knowledge of the design and construction process.
Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor
This is a great opportunities to travel and work on an exciting high-profile project, where you will experience working in a diverse team; in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities.
Here at Dornan, we have a fantastic company culture and environment; that’s why we are an award-winning employer.
We provide accommodation, transport and rotation flights for overseas candidates, as well as a living allowance.