Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Commercial, Waste to Energy & Power Generation.
The successful candidate will be joining a newly awarded project in Copenhagen.
Reporting to the Project Manager and Project Director. Operate within the framework of the ISO 9001 documented Quality Management System on a multidiscipline project environment to implement the requirements of each project specific Quality Plan.
The Quality Manager promotes the Quality assurance ethos to be adopted across all projects both internally through communication and training of project staff and externally through attendance at project tender presentations and liaison with vendors as required.
As a Quality member of the team, the Quality Manager will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values, integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
Overview of Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all Electrical inspections relating to the installations, testing and commissioning.
- Develop and implement all plans for inspections, testing and quality.
- Liaise directly with the client for all QAQC matters for the project duration.
- Conduct inspections of all mechanical installations and materials, ensuring all work is carried out in line with approved method statements and drawings.
- Attend electrical inspections with client and contractors.
- Preparation of weekly QAQC reports from inspections, non-conformance and actions.
- Review designs/drawings to ensure they adhere to project requirements.
- Ensure all company and sub-contractor equipment is calibrated and with valid certificates
- Review and prepare handover inspection, test documentation and operation & maintenance manuals.
- Represent the company during site and off-site meetings.
- Review project specified requirements and schematics and understand the systems interaction and how they make up the installation
- Develop the Project Quality Plan for each project based on the system definitions and scopes, client’s specification, and Industry standards applicable to each system using Dornan standard QA Plan template and company procedures and work instructions
- Develop the inspection and test plan for each discipline based on the specifics of the project specifications from pre-construction through to commissioning and handover
- Maintain the project QA dashboard for the project on a monthly basis
- Develop a systems handover list as part of the Project Quality Management System
- In Collaboration with the project planner, include quality audit and hold points in the project plan
- Submit the Project Quality Plan for approval to the client
Qualifications / Skills
- Degree or trade qualified in an Electrical discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience in a QAQC role, ideally leading other team members
- Previous experience working on datacentre projects would be ideal
- Fluent English with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing Advisor
- You will be our newly awarded project!
- You will be joining a Company that has been voted 47th in Ireland’s 150 Best Employers 2022: full list - Independent.ie
- You will be joining a great project team vibe!