Dornan are currently recruiting for a QAQC Turnover Engineer to work on site on a large project in Belgium.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participates in providing a planned, documented, managed engineering and construction approach to the turnover for pre-commissioning.
- Proactively involve, coordinate and align with MC to ensure understanding of the turnover process and resolve issues early. Document important decisions/ alignment/ agreements.
- Establish close client relationships early; especially with the MC commissioning/ turnover team.
- Coordinate with client’s team to agree system boundaries and relay that information to Dornan QA and Construction teams.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the system turnover schedule to facilitate the pre-commissioning effort, maintain project milestones and facilitate the timely turnover of the systems to commissioning.
- Educate, raise awareness and gain acceptance of the turnover program with construction, sub-contractors, quality, and client personnel.
- Know the system boundaries and status of completion for each system. Proactively expedite and facilitate any activities as required to maintain the project turnover schedule.
- As appropriate, pro-actively facilitate the change of project focus from a work package (area) approach to a systems approach for completing and handing over the facility to commissioning.
- Liaise with the QA Department during the development of the Turnover Packages containing system descriptions, scope boundary drawings, component listing and other relevant information to define the scope of the system.
- Coordinate status and track the completion status of each Turnover Pack.
- Coordinate with construction & QA on the planning for all pre-commissioning activities (e.g. Pre-Post Energisation testing, loop checks, etc.).
- Coordinate with Engineering to arrange vendor representatives required for equipment installation and pre-commissioning activities prior to turnover.
- Facilitate the transfer of care, custody, and control of systems to meet the quality and schedule requirements. Issue formal notification of Mechanical Completion to Client with required signatures.
- Must have strong computer skills - excel proficient, strong understanding of project scheduling and programs.
- Must have a strong understanding of construction activities and QA processes.
- Demonstrated ability to produce written documents and procedures.
- Electrical qualification required
- 3 years’ experience in similar role within the electrical contracting industry
- Excellent IT skills, with the ability to create and maintain documentation
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor