Dornan are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveying Apprentice in London; this is an excellent opportunity for candidates interested in the varied and rewarding career that Quantity Surveying can provide.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
As a Quantity Surveying Apprentice, you will gain extensive experience working with our highly experienced team on exciting projects.
The apprenticeship which the successful candidate will be completing is the Quantity Surveying B Sc (Hons) Chartered Surveying Degree Apprenticeship governed by London South Bank University (LSBU).
The overall duration is 5.5 years. It will involve a one-day release during term time to attend university.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the project commercial team to manage commercial aspects of the project, including validation of the tender following project award, preparation of project CCS by analysing the tender and project requirements.
- Assist with cash flow preparations and monthly reports
- Carrying out site measurements with the Construction or Planning Teams
- Attend monthly subcontractor and commercial meetings.
- Draft pre- and post-contract correspondence in consultation with the project management team
- Compile Spent vs Earned Ratio reports in conjunction with the Construction or Planning Teams.
- Identify if material purchases are scope or a variation.
- Ensure that the set-up of site administration procedures is drafted by taking cognizance of client and group requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of client invoicing by submission of invoices and tracking of same
- Prepare payment certificates to subcontractors and suppliers by reviewing submissions in terms of contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Deal with the client or PQS professionally to support progressing commercial and contractual matters.
- Candidates should have a keen interest in a career working in an industrial contracting environment
- The successful candidate will initially be based on projects in London but may be required to work on projects Nationwide as per business requirements
- A Level BBB or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions 21 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Our Recruitment Process:
- Initial screening call with a member of the recruitment team
- Interview with our UK Commercial Director
- Reference and qualification checks
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path, always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building, social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in-house Health & Wellbeing advisor