Dornan is recruiting for Graduate Quantity Surveyors to be based on various projects in London.
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The successful candidates will be enrolled in the Dornan QS Development Programme, this programme is designed to expose graduates to all facets of the role, develop a full appreciation for the construction project as a whole, and assist in achieving chartered status later in your career.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Pre-contract cost control and documentation
- Producing fully priced and detailed bills of quantities, labour hours and materials for the complete project life-cycle
- Preparing costs for variations
- Producing progress and cost reports when requested
- Reporting to senior management on progression of projects
- Involvement in cost plans, tracking labour costs and efficiency throughout projects
- Dealing with clients, contractors etc in a professional manner
- Quantity Surveying Degree or related discipline (Level 8)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor