Dornan are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to work on New Projects in london
Dornan are a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Mainland Europe, the Nordics and the UK.
Dornan are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Healthcare, Education, Commercial, and Power Generation.
You will join a hard-working ambitious team and you will benefit from a supportive culture, where your ideas and contributions will be recognised.
As a commercial member of the team, the QS will be an exemplar ambassador for the company and its values; integrity, dependability, safety, pride, quality.
Supporting the Senior QS to ensure all costs relating to project are managed, from the initial calculations to the final figures and seeks to minimise the costs of the project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
Overview of knowledge required:
- Detailed knowledge of the Quantity Surveying role
- Commercial understanding
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems
- Knowledge of the teams strengths and weaknesses
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To be a team player and show a willingness to learn all aspects of mechanical and electrical
- Ownership and responsibility for defined scope of work
- Diligent and professional with all works & tasks undertaken
- Measuring from plan drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced detailed bills of quantities c/w labour hours and material costs
- Tracking costs and labour throughout the project
- Tracking the Project Hours Spent v’s Earned schedule
- Carry out full construction take off, prepare construction cost plan, track costs and labour efficiency throughout the project
- Present take off’s in a clear and coherent format while also understanding NRM2 requirements and procedures
- Providing timely and accurate CCS submissions each month
- Preparing timing and accuracy of submission of valuation and agreement of certification each month end
- Preparing timely and accurate assessments/payment certs/payless notices for sub-contractors each month (Understand payment conditions within the Construction Act)
- Producing timing and accurate cash flow submissions each month
- To ensure the final account is agreed within specific project timeline
- Ensuring the Company will not be exposed to launch 3rd party claims
- Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts and manage through to final account
- Strives to get a comprehensive understanding of tasks assigned; why they are important and how they fit into the overall project
- To research into the RICS competencies and actively work towards development in these areas
- To be proactive in seeking guidance from the senior QS in areas of development
- To focus on continuous improvement by actively seeking out and requesting opportunities to work on tasks that will aid development e.g. tasks not previously completed or by shadowing the senior QS or other team members
- To request regular feedback from the senior QS regarding tasks completed
- To be proactive in seeking out a broad spectrum of CPD accredited courses not only QS specific which would broaden general knowledge in the industry e.g. mechanical/electrical engineering, BISRA
- Completing the minimum recommended 5 days CPD each year
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working for MEP contractor., managing workload and tracking
- Dornan are a well-established company with a family feel and a down to earth team
- Dornan offer a clear progression path , always seeking opportunities to promote from within
- Dornan offer educational assistance and promote CPD
- Dornan promote collaboration through various team building , social and charity events
- Dornan are committed to employee wellbeing with our Employee Assistance Programme and an in house Health & Wellbeing advisor